Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line

2 posters

Go down

I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line Empty I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line

Post  Skipjacker Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I like to be efficient on a computer... the fewer switches from keyboard to mouse the more effective and efficient I am. So I use lots of keyboard shortcuts to accomplish what would otherwise be done with a mouse. is a favorite. In an email, type the subject, hit and I'm in the body. I keep doing that on the forums too but unfortunately the next control in the tab order is the row of formatting - something like 25 buttons... If you rearrange the form to put the buttons about the subject then this will function more like other messaging systems.

I'm guessing this is a canned app, but usually there are some configuration options. If not tell me the vendor, I'll bug them.
Skipjacker
Skipjacker

Back to top Go down

I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line Empty Re: I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line

Post  Admin Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Good suggestion. I usually reply to existing posts and don't enter a title, so I hadn't really noticed this. I know there is a tabindex parameter in html forms, so there should be a way to control the order without changing the actualy display. The forum host is www.forumotion.com. I posted a support query to see if anyone knows how to do this on their system. I'll let you know what I hear.

Thanks,
Warren

Admin
Admin

http://forum.kimballgroup.com

Back to top Go down

I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line Empty Re: I wish the formatting buttons were ABOVE the Subject line

Post  Skipjacker Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:54 pm

This is Mark Brady btw. I have a draft of the email I promised to send.

I fill out a title even in replies (honestly it should default to the original or be disabled) but then I hit

Now be honest, "Is this right at the top of the list of things you're not going to do this year?"
Skipjacker
Skipjacker

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Mark from Constellation? How's it going?

Come on! I'm definitely working on this. I browsed the user forum, search google, and posted a question. If it requires custom .php work, it won't happen, but if someone can give me a relatively easy solution, I'll definitely implement it. This is a lot more fun than what I'm supposed to be doing!

This just in -- I checked the forum forum and saw this cryptic reply from Mr. Mario who is listed as a Global Moderator:
"Sorry you can't here."

I'm not sure what that means, but you can see for yourself at this link:
Forum forum post

I think it's time for your suggestion email...

Admin
Admin

http://forum.kimballgroup.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down