Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code

3 posters

Go down

How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code Empty How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code

Post  spichael Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi there, I am modeling something and needed assistance.

I have a single code and tied to the code are several events.

For example 123456 has the following events at the following date and times.

Brush teeth 12/01/09 7:00AM
Eat 12/01/09 8:00 AM
Wash Car 12/02/09 2:30PM
Eat 12/02/09 8:00AM
Eat 12/02/09 1:20PM

When I pull reports I sometimes want the last instance of an event, sometimes the first and sometimes all of one or two types of events. I am trying to decide if I should have a table with all the first events, one with all the last events and one with all events or all three. I could have 50+ events for one code and multiple of several events in that code. I appreciate any advice you can offer.

spichael

Back to top Go down

How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code Empty Re: How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code

Post  ngalemmo Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:09 pm

A table with code, event & timestamp would suffice. If you want, you can add a sequence number within code to locate the nth event as well as a last event flag to identify the last event.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code Empty thank you

Post  spichael Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Thank you very much, that is very helpful

spichael

Back to top Go down

How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code Empty How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code

Post  Steve Dunning Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 am

relate to referenced standards, calculations, examples, additional tables for ... The NFPA also publishes a 1,100-page NEC Handbook (for each new NEC edition) ...

Steve Dunning

Back to top Go down

How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code Empty Re: How to break out tables for Multiple events for 1 code

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down