Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Source of training material for beginners

2 posters

Go down

Best Source of training material for beginners Empty Best Source of training material for beginners

Post  tiith Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm looking to get into Data Warehousing/BI development - having used SQL Server in the past I intend to use it as the ETL tool of my choice. I however am looking for beginners reading material that will gently introduce me to the principles/best practices of DW/BI (i.e. good websites and books).

Can anyone please give some good recommendations that will get me up and running?

tiith

Back to top Go down

Best Source of training material for beginners Empty Re: Best Source of training material for beginners

Post  VHF Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:20 am

There are lots of good links on the Kimbal Group web site... you can spend days reading various articles from the last 15 years.

All of the Kimball books are good. With your SQL Server background, The Microsoft Data Warehouse Toolkit by Mundy, Thornthwaite, and Kimball might be a good place to start.

VHF

Back to top Go down

Best Source of training material for beginners Empty Re: Best Source of training material for beginners

Post  tiith Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks VHF for your recommendation - I have started on the The Data Warehouse Toolkit 2nd Edition to get me started with the principles and I most definately intend to look at the MS Data Warehouse Toolkit too.

tiith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down