Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two fact tables connected through dimensions

2 posters

Go down

Two fact tables connected through dimensions Empty Two fact tables connected through dimensions

Post  Shital Devtale Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:43 am

Hi,

I have two dimesions - 'Dim_Time' and 'Dim_Group' and they are connected through fact tables - 'Fact_AGG_ACC' and 'Fact_AGG_Daily'.
I have used measures from fact table and 'Fact_AGG_Daily' and dimesion values form 'Dim_Time' and 'Dim_Group'.
However fact table is 'Fact_AGG_ACC' is empty; only structure is created.

When i view query in tabular format it works fine; but i have used crosstab in my report and in crosstab it shows 0 records.
Reason behind this is while running the crosstab report it goes through UTS_FACT_AGG_ACC_DASH.

It is Cognos behavior - if relation path is same then COGNOS choose the alphabetically first join path.
Hence it choose 'FACT_AGG_ACC' rather than 'FACT_AGG_DAILY'.

Can anybody suggest what would be the solution to this issue?

Shital Devtale

Back to top Go down

Two fact tables connected through dimensions Empty RE: Two fact tables connected through dimensions

Post  rathjeevesh Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 pm

I do not entirely follow the problem, but if it is only due to the alphabetical ordering of names try to create a synonym for the table so that the desired one will be picked up.

I believe this is due to formation of loop

rathjeevesh

Back to top Go down