Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different CustomerCategoryCodes have same CustomerCategory Name Shown

Go down

Different CustomerCategoryCodes have same CustomerCategory Name Shown Empty Different CustomerCategoryCodes have same CustomerCategory Name Shown

Post  vini875 Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:11 am

Hello All,

I have a problem in cube, it shows the same CustomerCatgoryName for different CustomerCategoryCodes. The Customer Dimension table has correct data, with different codes having different names, but not sure why the cube shows same name across all.

Can you please help me to find the root cause for this, seems something related to underlying data, but not sure what can make the cube behave this way.

Just to give some details:

1. I don't get any error while cube processing.

2. Example:

Data in the customer dimension table:

CustomerCategoryCode: 1234

CustomerCategoryName: ABCD

CustomerCategoryCode: 5678

CustomerCategoryName: XYZ

Data shown in the cubes:

CustomerCategoryCode: 1234

CustomerCategoryCode: 5678

So in cube i see same name for different codes, even though in db i have the correct values.

3. There exists a Natural Hierarchy between the below filed and we have an attribute relationship defined ( below example is for Codes, same exists for Names).

Top to Bottom Hierarchy:

CustomerChannelCode

CustomerCategoryCode

CustomerOutletCode

CustomerCode

I have few cases where same CustomerCode has multiple OutletCodes, not sure if this can create issues. As in another db its the same but all works fine there.

Hope this gives much insight into the issue. Any quick help would be much appreciated, with a possible work around ( if changing the design is the only solution).

vini875

Back to top Go down