Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDT 4.0 Question

2 posters

Go down

IDT 4.0 Question Empty IDT 4.0 Question

Post  Afaf Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi All,

As I am working on the IDT in 4.0, I was looking at a universe designed earlier by someone and noticed that besides the Master Universe he has created a few more tabs to show table layouts for some area of requirement. And in the tab, simplified View, he was showing all the main tables without the Aliases, as seen in another screen shot below.

My question is , if I also add a tab in there, will it mean I have more than one universe, or the universe is just the Master one, and the others are ….??
I will appreciate some details on this topic.

Thanks

Afaf

Back to top Go down

IDT 4.0 Question Empty Re: IDT 4.0 Question

Post  Afaf Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 pm

OK Got it......

Here is useful information on Custom Data Foundation View:
Custom Data Foundation View:
A custom data foundation view is a subset of the data foundation Master view. We can use views when we are editing a data foundation that contains many tables, and we are interested in working with a subset of tables. We can define multiple custom views for the data foundation.
Tutorials:
Create a custom data foundation view:
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/9054042a-5f5a-2e10-4182-b064b090b11a&overridelayout=true
Create a custom data foundation view based on a selection of tables:
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/80a9d819-605a-2e10-d89e-b218897dcfab&overridelayout=true

So my understanding is The Business Layer is built on the Master Universe.

The Views in the Data Foundation are a set of tables and joins used to focus the work of the Designer on a specific part of the schema.

We can also create Business Layer View which defines the subset of the Universe per se.

We can perhaps have a HR View or a Finance View. It is thus the starting point of building large universe.

Afaf

Back to top Go down

Post  beashively Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:11 pm

thanks for this info. it is indeed useful!:)

beashively

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down