Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimension attribute values not showing

2 posters

Go down

Dimension attribute values not showing Empty Dimension attribute values not showing

Post  waziz Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:22 pm

Hi guys.

cube brower and excel are not displaying an attribute value where i think it should.

The fact table does have a fk value "48" to the sk of that dimension attribute value which is 48 ,so from a relational database perpspective things looks fine.

i was wondering what could be causing that, because it's showing other attribute values in that dimension , but for some reason not showing that one.

Thanks

waziz

Back to top Go down

Dimension attribute values not showing Empty Re: Dimension attribute values not showing

Post  waziz Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:23 pm

After exploring the data in the fact table in the data source view of the cube, the statuskey (fk) value i'm looking for does not exist.

On the contray the the statuskey value does exist in the fact table in the relational data wearhouse.

I was wondering what could be wrong here? Is it the processing settings. i am in dev environment so i've been processing the database and the cube in Full mode, with no luck.

waziz

Back to top Go down

Dimension attribute values not showing Empty Re: Dimension attribute values not showing

Post  Mike Honey Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 am

Hi waziz,

This is more a Microsoft Analysis Services technical question rather than general Data Warehouse/BI - you would've gotten a quicker response on the MSDN forum for SSAS.

Anyway, I'd be checking the Data Source definition in your SSAS project. Note this can vary by Configuration.

Good luck!
Mike
Mike Honey
Mike Honey

http://www.mangasolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down