Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different Stars with the same set of dimensions

2 posters

Go down

Different Stars with the same set of dimensions Empty Different Stars with the same set of dimensions

Post  rf001 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Hello,
I have the following question:

What should be done in situations where we have different stars with the same set of dimensions? Should they be joined? I mean to make a single star of them.
Why should we not join them? Other than the fact that they represent different granularity?

thanks.
rf001
rf001

Back to top Go down

Different Stars with the same set of dimensions Empty Re: Different Stars with the same set of dimensions

Post  ngalemmo Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:34 pm

It depends. Do you have a particular situation in mind?
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

Different Stars with the same set of dimensions Empty Re: Different Stars with the same set of dimensions

Post  rf001 Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:08 pm

For example:
A star records information about contracts process of employees.
Another star is about the cadre and scale (which may change in the tenure of a contract) shares the same dimensions. In this case we have two different stars.
If the cadre and scale of an employee would not change during his tenure, then we could join the stars and make it a single star. Am I right?
rf001
rf001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down