Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Error in cube processing using conformed Dimensions

Go down

Error in cube processing using conformed Dimensions  Empty Error in cube processing using conformed Dimensions

Post  King Conch Sat May 26, 2012 8:55 pm

I have an issue with two fact tables connected to one date dimension. The two fact tables have ranges of different dates, but all dates are present in the date dimension.

I encounter the problem when I try to process the cube, I get an error stating that my date dimension does not have a FK for dates that I know are in the dimension. See the illustration below:

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17543054/1]Error in cube processing using conformed Dimensions  Illust10[/url

Only when my two fact tables share the same date ranges will my cube process. If either cube has any dates that are not in the other, then the process fails.

Has anyone encountered this issue?

King Conch

Back to top Go down

Error in cube processing using conformed Dimensions  Empty Not really any issue

Post  King Conch Sun May 27, 2012 2:40 am

I found the culprit causing the cube to fail. There was a filter applied in the DSV that was limiting my date dimension. I removed the filter and it processed like a champ.

King Conch

Back to top Go down