Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create Cache statement

Go down

Create Cache statement Empty Create Cache statement

Post  jmatt Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 am

I am new to the concept of cacheing mdx results.
I have a number of calculated members in a cube that look like this:

CALCULATE;
// These numbers must come from Dim_ApplicationDetailStatus, they are Surrogate Keys! Also check the sequence of statuses
CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Measures].[At Accepted] AS
IIF(IsError(StrToMember("[Application Details Detail].[Current Status Key].&[1]")), NULL, (StrToMember("[Application Details Detail].[Current Status Key].&[1]"),[Measures].[Current Status Key]))
FORMAT_STRING = "0",
VISIBLE = 1 , DISPLAY_FOLDER = 'Current Status Counts' , ASSOCIATED_MEASURE_GROUP = 'Application Details';
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Measures].[At Accepted Conditionally] AS
IIF(IsError(StrToMember("[Application Details Detail].[Current Status Key].&[2]")), NULL, (StrToMember("[Application Details Detail].[Current Status Key].&[2]"),[Measures].[Current Status Key]))
FORMAT_STRING = "0",
VISIBLE = 1 , DISPLAY_FOLDER = 'Current Status Counts' , ASSOCIATED_MEASURE_GROUP = 'Application Details';
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

There are about 12 of these calculated measures.

The cube is loaded each night so the results of these caluculations are valid for 24 hours. Does it make sense to wrap these in a CREATE CACHE statement? If so any advice on how to go about this?

Thanks!

Jonathan

jmatt

Back to top Go down