Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Percentage of customers from a district

3 posters

Go down

Percentage of customers from a district  Empty Percentage of customers from a district

Post  JSchroeder Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:05 am

I need to determine how best to model the percentage of schools in a school district that are customers of our product. I have a measure for distinct count of schools that I can view by district, but I'm not sure how best to compare this to the total number of schools in a district. I need to calculate, among other things [total schools in district] - [ customer schools in district] and [customer schools in district] / [total schools in district]. What is the best way to model the total number of schools in the district? Would this be a measure in a fact table or an attribute of a dimension? Also, I'm using the Microsoft BI stack and SSAS.

JSchroeder

Back to top Go down

Percentage of customers from a district  Empty Re: Percentage of customers from a district

Post  ngalemmo Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 pm

I would treat it as an attribute of a district.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

Percentage of customers from a district  Empty Re: Percentage of customers from a district

Post  Vishy Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:56 am

if granularity of fact is district and you want to calculate all these calculations at report layer then store this in the fact itself, else as an attribute in dimension.

Vishy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down