Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I write an MDX statement or query that selects the clients who paid last month but have not paid this(Current Month) month?

2 posters

Go down

How can I write an MDX statement or query that selects the clients who paid last month but have not paid this(Current Month) month? Empty How can I write an MDX statement or query that selects the clients who paid last month but have not paid this(Current Month) month?

Post  mobzam Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi people,
How can I write an MDX statement or query that selects the clients who paid last month but have not paid this(Current Month) month?. I have a data cube designed and deployed on Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services R 2. I have a customer dimensions and a fact table.
Please help.

mobzam

Back to top Go down

How can I write an MDX statement or query that selects the clients who paid last month but have not paid this(Current Month) month? Empty MDX EXCEPT

Post  BrentGreenwood Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:14 am

You should be able to use EXCEPT to get the set where the 2 sets in question don't overlap. Here's a link to a detailed example of EXCEPT from Vincent Rainardi.

dwbi1.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/mdx-except/

Hope that helps.

BrentGreenwood

http://brentgreenwood.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down