Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with DimAudit Table

2 posters

Go down

Problem with DimAudit Table Empty Problem with DimAudit Table

Post  moreno Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:55 pm

Following on the ETL package sample on the book, I can't get the Master Extract Package to work on my own project. Running the first task, get AuditKey will send and error '[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "INSERT INTO [DimAudit]
(ParentAuditKey
..." failed with the following error: "The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY SAME TABLE constraint "FK_dbo_DimAudit_ParentAuditKey". The conflict occurred in database "Test_DW", table "dbo.DimAudit", column 'AuditKey'.
The statement has been terminated.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
'

I checked both DimAudit tables, the one from the package and the one created by the Dimensional Model excel sheet, and both are identical.

Any Ideas?

moreno

Back to top Go down

Problem with DimAudit Table Empty Re: Problem with DimAudit Table

Post  cjrinpdx Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:19 pm

In the Execute SQL Task Editor did you map a user variable to the PrentAuditKey parameter. Did you set that variable or provide a default value?

cjrinpdx

Back to top Go down

Problem with DimAudit Table Empty Problem with DimAudit Table

Post  moreno Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes I did. Meanwhile I figure out the issue.

I used the script out of the dimensional excel sheet to create my Audit Table, well that will also build all FK needed between tables. I was developing on a table by table mode. What needs to be done is NOCHECK the FK on the DimAudit table until you finish developement. You can later CHECK that FK constraint back.

At leat that fix my issue.

Thanks.

moreno

Back to top Go down

Problem with DimAudit Table Empty Re: Problem with DimAudit Table

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down