Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

business requirements questionnaire

2 posters

Go down

business requirements questionnaire Empty business requirements questionnaire

Post  YoungBuddy Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:22 am

After reading several topics in the forum, I have not been able to find a template for a data warehousing "business requirements questionnaire".
Please refer to a free business questionnaire template as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

YoungBuddy

Back to top Go down

business requirements questionnaire Empty Re: business requirements questionnaire

Post  warrent Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:31 am

GIven that this is the Kimball Group forum, one place to start would be with the second edition of the Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit book. We put a questionnaire for managers or analysts on the book's tools and utilities page in the Chapter 3 section: http://www.kimballgroup.com/html/booksDWLT2tools.html

The term questionnaire might be a little misleading. What we created is really more of an outline, meant to serve as a guide to the lead interviewer to be used in a requirements interview. It is definitely *not* meant to be emailed out to users to have them fill out and return.

--Warren
warrent
warrent

Back to top Go down

business requirements questionnaire Empty Re: business requirements questionnaire

Post  YoungBuddy Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 am

I truly appreciate your response which is considered of a great importance in our project inception phase. But I still have a question concerning the data warehouse project. Do you believe that using the "questionnaire" as a preliminary tool to get the project scope and expected use requirementes, which is planned to be reviewd later by intensive and iterative interviews is considered as an optimal way?
If yes, please provide me with a pre-defined questionnaire sample to be considered, on which we can develope a much more customized version.
Thanks in Advance,

YoungBuddy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down